A Big Day!!

December 31st is a day that will not be forgotten in "The Plane Family"...
Let me take you back to December 31st, 2007 about 11:17pm when Izabella Arrow Plane was born. She instantly stole Mike and my hearts. This is what she looked like then...
I can not believe that it was 2 years ago when this little 5 lbs 13 oz little angle came into this work. Still to this day this little angle keeps Mike and I smiling. We love to watch her grow and learn. I can't believe my big girl is turning 2 years old and now weights 24 lbs, it seems only yesterday I was holding her for the very first time.
Now I am struggling to keep up with her. To celebrate her birthday Bella decided that she wanted a Tinkerbell or "Bell" party as she would say. Since I was almost ready to explode I decided that it was a good idea to order a store cake for this birthday since I didn't really have the energy to make one. So on Monday morning Izabella and I went to Walmart and she picked out this cake for her party. It is all she talked about all week, was going to pick up her cake for the party!
Here is Daddy and Bella blowing out her Two candles!!
I'd say by the look of thinks that the cake was a big hit!!
Izabella had lots of friends come to her party and she received so many great gifts. We really want to thank everyone that came and for all the wonderful love and gifts that where shared.
I do have to say that Izabella's favorite gift is her Tinkerbell Trike. I really hope warm weather comes soon or she is going to wear out my carpet.
I am so glad that Isabella had such a wonderful birthday, and that her daddy was able to be there to share it with her....Mommy however was not so lucky and missed this special day.
Why you might ask?
Well, December 31st 2009 is another date to set on our calendar. I decided to keep the family tradition alive (my sister Kira Lynn was born on my first birthday) and this was the day that Abigail Charlotte Plane was born at about 5:23 AM.
This little 6 lbs 11 oz bundle of joy was in a hurry to get into this world and decided that she wanted to be her big sisters special birthday present!!
Abigail was born very quickly and I was unable to receive antibiotics for the Beta Strep bacteria I had tested positive for, so she has to stay 48 hours in the NICU to make sure she didn't contract the bacteria during birth.
It has been very hard not being able to hold her and cuddle her when ever I want too. And with the strict rules at the hospital for the flu season Izabella is not allowed to come to hospital to see her new sister and no one but Mike and I are allowed into the NICU. So this little angle will have to wait a little while to meet the rest of her eager family.
Abigail is doing very well. Yesterday when she was born Mike and I were told that she would more then likely have to spend 5 to 7 days in the NICU to be tested for the Beta-Strep and because of some slow breathing she was experiencing. They also thought she might have pneumonia because of the cold I have been fighting off the last couple of weeks. However, after tests to day, she has improved more then expected and they were able to rule out the possibility of pneumonia. They are now saying that if she tests negative for the Beta-Strep that she might be able to come home tomorrow!! So keep your fingers crossed and help us pray that she will be able to meet her big sister tomorrow. I will be sure to post more pictures and the "Real Story" very soon.
We that you all for you thoughts, calls, and words of congratulations!! We love you all and can't wait for you to meet our little Abigail.
Let's here it for "The Plane Girl's Day"!!
I know that sharing a birthday will not always seem like the ideal thing for both girls, however if I can survive sharing my birthday for the last 28 years and counting I'm sure they will too.
Love you lots,
Michael, Stefanie, Izabella, and Abigail

11 comments:

Brandis said...

I couldn't believe it when Uncle Randy called me yesterday & told me you'd had her on Bella's birthday! You guys are really serious about your last minute tax deductions, aren't you! :) I'm glad she's here & you're both doing well. She's a doll just like her big sister and I love her name.
Speaking of her big sister, I am in love with the pic of Bella on her little tricycle. She reminds me so much of little Mikey in that picture! :) Love you guys!!

El Rancho Precinct said...

Congratulations to your family! I hope you're doing well and mending fast too. Both your girls are so adorable.

Tilleea said...

what is up with your family and having the same birthdays? I thought it was crazy that you and Kira were born on the same day and now you have daughters with the same birthday! car-A-Z! Congrats!

Joanne said...

Congratulations! Abigail is a beautiful baby, and what a beautiful name, too! We wish you both a speedy recovery & homecoming. Happy New Year!

Katrina Wilson said...

She is adorable! I can't wait to meet her!! I'm so excited for you guys!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Plane family! How amazing and wonderful! No joke, I started reading this blog, and at first glance, I thought it said that you'd had a baby on the 31st at the very beginning. I told Joel, and he said, "it happened again??". Then I read closer and saw that you were just talking about Izabella's birthday. What a surprise that you actually DID have a baby girl that day. What a fun birthday present for Bella. How exciting. I LOVE Abigail's name. I hope she gets to come home soon! We can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

Congrats Stefanie...that is crazy...same birthdays! She is beautiful. Happy new year to you :)

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

Congrats!!! We are so stinkin happy for you guys. You have two Beautiful girls. That is so awesome they are exactly 2 years apart. That is how my brother and sister are. I hope everything is going so well for you guys!! We miss ya guys and can't to see you guys sometime again! Congrats and Happy New Year!

Elaine said...

Congratulations to your family! Happy birthday to Izabella!
Our first two children (Gregory and Brandon) were exactly two years apart as well. Celebrating two birthdays on one day, when the children are not twins can sometimes present some conflicts, but they do always work out. Since you have had some experience with that already, I'm sure every year will be a beautiful celebration day for your family.
They are certainly beautiful children! Congrats!

The Greenfields said...

Congrats!! You have two beautiful girls!!

Sage Hanks said...

CONGRATS!!! We know the beta strep thing all to well. We had the same situation with Ryker and my sister just went through the same thing with her baby a couple weeks ago. Now on the the birthday thing. How special it is for your two girls to share a birthday! I have a twin sister and we were born on my dad's birthday! It is soooooo fun celebrating it with the two of them! Words cannot describe how much it means to me. Your baby is beautiful! Congrats! Hope all is well and I pray that she gets to come home soon!