Decorating for Christmas

Decorating for Christmas this year was a completely different experience. Izabella is in the "I do it" stage a wants to do everything mommy and daddy are doing. So this year she wanted to help with everything. At first I thought that this might cause some problems, but really she was a lot of help and quite a delight.
It was so much fun to make all the ornaments and to decorate the tree as a family. Izabella did it all. She is so curious and always wants to be involved. So we took a Saturday night, popped some popcorn and Bella and I started string popcorn and cranberries for the garland. Then we made gingerbread men and snowflakes. And she even helped me string the dried oranges and apples.
Then on Sunday afternoon Mike and Izabella set up the tree and fluffed it. It was great watching her help her daddy!
Then when night came we were all ready to decorate our tree. We warmed up some cocoa and put on some Christmas music, then the festivities began. Izabella did really well making sure the bottom of our tree was decorated with all the right ornaments.
We only had to help her space them out a few times.
Then when the bottom was all done Daddy helped her decorate the top of the tree too.
Here is our tree after all the homemade ornaments were put on them I love my old fashion Christmas tree!!
And her is our lead decorator posing with her beautiful Christmas Tree!!
Izabella loves her Christmas tree and for the most part has left it alone. I have noticed that a few of the candy canes have disappeared and Bella has to show everyone that comes over her special ornament, plus the doggies, and Daddies Star Trek ones. She has also been my little gift girl this year. Since I have a hard time getting under the tree I have been wrapping the gifts and she's been putting them under for me. She is mommy's big little helper.
We hope you all are having a great holiday season so far, we sure are.
Wishing you all the best,
Mike, Stefanie, and Izabella

4 comments:

Ali said...

I love old fashioned christmas trees too. It looks beautiful!

momplane said...

It looks beautiful, and we are excited to come and see it this week! Love, mom P.

Jess and Carl said...

I love your tree, so beautiful and timeless! Bella is too adorable and I miss her so much! We can't wait to see you!

Tilleea said...

too funny that the candy canes keep dissappearing. must be mike! ;-)

So I'm thinking since it's past the 27th that your water didn't break at church on sunday. Well, I guess there's always next sunday! (or maybe your in the hospital right now!) Be sure to post sweet pictures of that baby when she gets here.