The Jenk's Easter Egg Hunt (Lots of Pictures)

Mike was adopted into the Jenk's family years ago, so as he has added to the family we have all in turn become part of the wonderful family as well. I remember the first year Mike and I went to the Easter Egg Hunt. I had got up early and dressed my best so that I was prepared to meet this family. I will never forget Amanda asking me in horror, "That's not what you're wearing is it?". I guess my tan pants and cute pink shirt was not acceptable, and I found out why. This Easter Egg hunt is a full out war between each individuals as they try desperately to find as many of the thousand eggs that have been hidden. The prize, you're name on the family winner plaque. Not to mention that it is an all out battle between the hunters and the hiders to see who is better. I couldn't believe it. It was so much fun to watch. I'm not sure if I will ever be brave enough to hunt, but we'll just have to wait till next year.
Last year was Izabella's first year to hunt and she did very well and found six eggs. This year we started practicing in our back yard about two weeks before and she was ready. In fact Mike had to hold her back at the starting line. All she wanted to do was find those eggs.
Daddy and Bella ready for the hunt!
Holding Bella back until it's time.
Erin and her boys, Luke and Jacob ready to hunt some eggs.
Go Bella, Go!!!
She did very well again this year and found 17 eggs. The whole time running from egg to egg yelling, "Bella find them, Bella find those eggs." Then jumping for joy and shouting, "Bella did it, Bella found the egg." every time she found one. It was so much fun watching her fill her little Easter egg bucket.
Bella and Daddy after the egg hunt.
Look at all those eggs!!
At the end she was not willing to give up her eggs. We had practiced with plastic eggs full of candy and she wanted her candy. What she didn't realize was that she had hunted real eggs and there was no candy inside. She found that out after tarring on of her eggs open. Then she was willing to turn in her eggs for a bag of candy.
Erin counting Izabella's eggs.
During the teenagers hunt Izabella helped Crayson out by pulling out 5 eggs from under this wood pile. She pulled them out and then walked away casually just as Crayson came around the corner and found them laying there. Way to go Bella.
Mike was a hider the year and I think they won. They hid or rather buried thousands of eggs in an alfalfa field. You had to dig to find them, and the ones you didn't have to dig for you didn't see until you almost or did in fact step right on them.
During the adult hunt Mike and I were walking around looking for eggs that they had missed and Bella walked with us. She found two eggs laying in the grass. Then when she found out some where buried in the dirt she didn't waist anytime digging in and found three more eggs. Making a grand total of 27 eggs found for the day...Way to go Bella.
Grandma Char and Nicole heading out to the hunt.
Rachael on the hunt!!
Papa Fred brings his golf cart every year to keep up with all the action.
Here is Papa Fred and Izabella watching the adult Easter egg hunt.
We had left Abigail with Grandpa and Grandma Plane since it had snowed the day before and we weren't sure how warm it was going to be. It ended up being a great day, however, it was fun being able to spend a day with Bella and I think Grandpa and Grandma enjoyed having Abi. Thank you so much.
Here are a few more pictures of Izabella eating and playing at the BBQ.
That is one big Strawberry...and she ate the whole thing.

Now it's time for dessert!!! Yummy pink cupcake.
Running on the trailer with Luke was so much fun!!

Smile Bella!! I think all that hunting wore her out.
Love ya,

Michael, Stefanie, Izabella and Abigail

2 comments:

Tilleea said...

what a fun day!

Jess and Carl said...

Oh I miss you guys so much! Love the "Bella find them" and everything! Love her so much! Love you all! Give both girlies kisses from me and I hope I get to see you soon!