My babies ONE!!

I can't believe that my baby is ONE!! 


It is so different having a little boy after two little girls.  He loves to pick on his sisters and his dog, eating, being outside, and getting into anything that he should not be into.  Now that he is walking, or I should say running, I can hardly keep up.  I know last year Mike wasn't to thrilled with the idea of having to share his birthday with his son, however, I think he really enjoyed it this year.  He ran out and bought Mile's a birthday outfit, a Curious George shirt and a pair of sport shorts that match his daddies, and carried him around like a very proud daddy.  Since Miles was only turning 1 he couldn't tell me what he wants, I let Mike pick out the cake design (or rather the cupcake design).  Perry the Platypus, or I guess it would be Agent P since he had a hat on was the design choice.  We had a small party with family and close friends.  It was the perfect get together, not the big ta do the girls party was.  Yes, I was very grateful for that.
Watching Miles open his gifts was one of the cutest things I had ever watched.  He would open one gift and be so intent on playing with it that he would try to take it out of the packaging.  When that failed and one of the adults would take the toy to open it he would through a fit, desperately trying to get his toy back.  We would give him another gift to open, but he didn't want anything to do with it.  So his sisters would unwrap the new gift, give it to him and instantly everything was ok, until we would take and open the new gift.  Why do they package toys for little kids so well.  Don't they know that they are impatient and that they need to be able to get to it now.  My sister-in-law says she will take everything out of the packaging before she wraps the gifts so they were already to be played with.  Why didn't I think of that?!
 

Mike's parents and his brother and his family all came down for the weekend.  We had a wonderful birthday dinner, played games, and caught up.  It was great to have the whole family together.  Izzy has really missed seeing her cousins since we moved back to Twin, so you can imagine that she thoroughly enjoyed it.  Thanks everyone for making this such a special day for both Mike and Miles. 
 
This little man really enjoys his cake (cupcake)!!
Daddy got to clean up the Cake Mess!!  Happy Birthday Mikey!!

The girls pick this shirt out for Mikey for his birthday.  Izzy was so excited!!

Love you all,

The Plane's
Mikey, Stefi, Izabella, Abigail, and Miles



0 comments: