3 Wonderful Years


I can’t believe that it has been 3 short years since Mike and I were married in the Bountiful temple. I was a beautiful winter day with snow on the ground and all our family and friends around us to keep us warm on this very cold afternoon. I don’t remember the cold though. What do I remember? Let me tell you.I remember the nerves that Mike was going to be late, or not show up at all, however, thanks to Lisa, Mike’s fiend Joel’s wife, he made it, even though he was running on Mike time. Late, that is. Not only that but when I gave him a hug I noticed that under his nice suit was a black shirt with hibiscus flowers printed on either side of the buttons. So Mike.
I remember the look on his face the first time he saw me in my perfectly white dress. The most perfect moment is hearing the man you are going to marry tell you, you look beautiful. I remember being surrounded with family and friends. Not being able to control my joy or my huge smile for that matter. And all the photographers that we had. Let’s just say that I had about 500 photos to choose from for this post, but I think I picked out most of my favorites.
I have to say that I met and married my perfect companion. When they say opposites attract they couldn’t have been more right, however I think it is our differences that bring us closer together. And the fact that Mike never ceasing to amaze me helps too. It seems that He is always going out of his way to find a way to lighten my load and to make me smile. He had been my best friend since the day of our first date. He has supported me and comforted me, encouraged me when I felt like I couldn’t do something and appreciated all the little things in life that I seen to focus on.
Not only is he the perfect husband but he is an even better father. Izabella is his pride and joy! I love watching him play and teach Izabella to be just like him. It is no wonder that she is such a daddy’s girl.
I love you Mike! Happy Anniversary and here’s too many more happy years!

6 comments:

Katrina Wilson said...

Hey I'm really glad you had a good time and you have such awesome friends who could watch your daughter overnight!!! We know we are awesome!! I can't believe it has been three years!

Brandis said...

Happy anniversary guys!! I'm so glad I was able to sneak away and come to your wedding. :) I hope you're having a great day. Love you!! :)

Tilleea said...

congrats! man time flies.

Emily said...

Your new family pictures are so cute. Happy anniversary!!

Kris Edwards said...

Love the new family photo--what a cute trio you are! And Happy Anniversary! Time sure flies.

Alli said...

Wow I remember when Mike told me he was getting married. I cannot believe it was over three years ago. Congrats.. I hope you don't mind me snooping at your blog.. N E ways this is Alli we ran into you and your family at the pumkin patch it that helps you to remember. I was huge and prego at the time with my husband and our little boy Jackson..

Our blog is private but if you would like to be invited send me your email.. Mine is ntahnda@hotmail.com..