Birthday Fun

Incase you didn't already know, my two girls share the same birthday. 
Izabella was born at 11:17 pm on December 31, 2007
and
Abigail was born at 5:26 am on December 31, 2009!
So they are exactly 2 years apart. 
I decided this year with everything that was going on in our busy little family that I was only going to prepare ONE birthday cake.  I know Abigail wouldn't mind much so I asked Izabella what kind of cake she wanted. 
To my surprise she wanted a Rapunzel cake (courtesy of the new Disney Tangled movie).  Then she found this one on line and had to have it. 
"Please mommy, I really want this one! I'll love you forever, ever, ever, and ever if you make this one!"

I had never worked with fondant before, but I decided why not give it a shot.
This is what I came up with.

Izabella loved it, especially the fact that it was over two feet high.  She loves her birthday.  She picked out her most beautiful dress and had to have her hair done just right.  She couldn't wait for all her guests to arrive!!
Since the car at Jeff and Em's was such a big hit with Abigail over Christmas, I just had to get her one.  She loves it!!
The girls with their cake!!
Bella really enjoys her sweets!!
Abigail really enjoyed her first experience with cake.  In fact she double fisted it!!
Grandma Plane made Izabella a new robe since she grew out of the one she made a couple of years ago.  This one has Tinkerbell on it and also had a matching robe for her Kelly Doll!!

Thank you everyone for making the girls' birthday such a wonderful day!  We appreciate every ones love and support and are grateful to have you all in our lives.  We missed all our family from Washington, and yes Jessica, you too, and we missed out daddy, who was in bed sick for the whole party for the 3rd year in a row.  We know your thoughts and hearts were with us.

Love you all,

The Plane's

0 comments: